I did this with tilapia, but I am convinced that it will work on almost any kind of fish. I'm trying it on salmon next.
Danielle's Ginger Soy "I Hate Fish" Miracle Glaze
3 T Honey
1 T Soy
1 T Fresh Ginger
2 Fish Filets
Shallow baking dish (you want something that fits the fish well...I used a pie plate)
Pastry Brush (optional)
- Heat oven to 375.
- Rinse fish in cold water and pat dry (it needs to be dry so the glaze will stick). Set aside.
- Peel the ginger with a veggie peeler and run it over a microplane grater (a garlic press works, too)*
- In small bowl, combine honey, soy and ginger. Mix with a fork.
- Spray pan with nonstick spray and place the fish in.
- Brush a little bit of glaze over each fish (just so it covers it a bit) and cover pan with foil.
- Bake for 5- minutes.
- Remove foil and turn oven up to 400.
- Brush on the rest of the glaze (it's ok if it falls off into the pan).
- Bake for about 5 minutes more.
- Love fish.
Make some extra glaze and pour it over steamed broccoli on the side. Wow.
*if you stick a fork in the ginger and run it back and forth over the grater, you will protect your fingers.