Friday, January 16, 2009

Dishes


Dave and I decided that we needed some basic, white, everyday dishes (like Ina has). So, we used some of our Christmas money to get that taken care of. We also used a gift card from the Lundberg family to buy new glasses.

Last week, Bernie (our Director of Operations) offered me his wife's Noritake china set. She was a dear woman who passed away a few years ago. I didn't get to know her too well, but I know Bernie, and I love him. I was so honored that he asked me. To top it all off, the pattern is awesome. I love it. It's perfect, and I found a place online where I can add to the set if I want.

So, not that you care, but we're on dish overload.


7 comments:

Noel said...

Ebay is a good way to add to old china patterns. That's how I've increased mine. Way cheaper than the replacement sites I've seen, if you're willing to wait and watch.

Barb said...

Pretty China

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that china pattern!! I also got some china through a weird connection this last summer. I absolutely love it. If I could take good pictures, I would.

Anonymous said...

I agree...ebay is the place to find it. I have my great grandmother's china and that is what I have done to add to it. Yours is very very pretty.

Larry Shallenberger said...

I aspired to be like Bernie when I am a Sr.

amy grace said...

ooo! very pretty!! i love buying new things...especially kitcheny things!! [and officey/paper thigns...furniture...clothes...purses...shoes...
ugh, ok everything.]

Blythe said...

I'm not a china girl... I mean, I like the idea of it, but we have two sets of dishes--one for everyday, one for nicer occasions. I really really like the classic and neutral design that you received, though. You won't grow tired of it (like you would if it were trendy or overly boring). My mom's china is plain white... and I love it.