Tuesday, April 29, 2008
The other interesting thing about them is that they are actually better for you as a whole, than those weird slim fast bars. And they taste way better. Bonus.
Do yourself a favor and pick up one or one hundred. They will rock your socks off.
Monday, April 28, 2008
I finished this invitation about a week ago for a couple I met through work. I have always told myself that I wouldn't recycle an invitation, but when I met them, I knew they would love what I did for another wedding (Blythe and Pete!). I was slightly obsessive about making it different, and I think I accomplished that. I really love it. Click the above links to see more pics of the set.
I am also finishing up a few other ones (yay Cara!), and I'll post those after the first guests receive them.
I really do like doing this. I'm itching to do some baby announcements, though (ahem...I think you girls know who you are). ;-)
Wednesday, April 23, 2008
Tuesday, April 22, 2008
Monday, April 21, 2008
Sunday, April 20, 2008
I feel very defeated lately. It seems like whenever something is starting to turn "my" way, it gets slapped back in my face: FAIL. I was emailing with a friend a while back and we were talking candidly about our disappointment with God. I know that sounds so arrogant: "I'm disappointed with God." Who do I think I am? I don't know how to explain it, other than to say "I'm disappointed." I feel like I'm on an uphill battle in every area of my life: even the things that are going well*. It's almost as if everyone around me is on some sort of spiritual/emotional high and I'm in a deep pit. Speaking of pits, I constantly have one in my stomach because I'm waiting for something truly horrible to happen.
I am trying to get some perspective. I know my problems are not the end of the world compared to other people's, but for me, this is a lot. I feel blocked, almost like God is keeping me at arm's length so I can learn from this time. To be 100% honest, I have no desire to learn from this anymore. I'm obviously not getting the point. You might want to try something else. And, like I told my friend, I don't feel like the point God is trying to make is worth all of this. The only thing I've learned so far is how to be angry. Ugh. I really don't want to be a bitter person.
I don't mean to be a downer or over dramatic. I'm at my breaking point and I need to vent. Sometimes, it so much easier to write than talk. I think today I'm going to go for a walk by myself and try to think of only good things. That should take about two minutes. Just kidding. I'm going to try. I also need to make an effort to talk to God. I know He loves me, I'm just scared of Him right now.
* well enough that i don't feel the need to tear my hair out at the roots.
Friday, April 18, 2008
This year, I think my search is complete before it even starts:
These particular ones are from Visionworks, but I've seen similar at different places around town. Thoughts?
Here is my other issue: I need prescription sunglasses. My eyes are really sensitive to the light, and it's difficult for me to drive in the summer. I'm not doing the Duane Wayne. I can't stand it. If I go to one of the 2 for places, I can just make that my other pair, I think.
As for my "stuff," I want to find a program that will give my glasses to people in need. I think that would be a good way to recycle them. I'll probably donate them to this charity. Anyone know of others out there?
p.s. my husband is psychotic.
Thursday, April 17, 2008
- I'm not an environmentalist.
- I am not convinced of global warming, because it seems like global COOLING is becoming an issue.
- Consumerism is bad. I'm a consumer...a big one. I don't want my worth to be in the stuff I accumulate.
- As a Christian, I believe it's my duty to be a good steward of, not only "my" money, but of this earth as well. It's really every one's duty, Christian or not, but I think a lot of Christians ignore the problem because it's tied to liberalism. That's a shame.
- It's also a shame that environmentalism is becoming a new religion and a powerful business. Can this be done without that happening?
- I can't believe that God would be displeased with me because I showed extra restraint in the areas of money, waste, etc.
- Is it possible to be a responsible consumer and a Christian Republican? For some reason, I'm made to feel that it isn't.
Wednesday, April 16, 2008
- Eating in more (read: cooking).
- The ESV Study Bible is coming soon.
- Niagara-on-the-Lake in May.
- This tea poster. Tea is a big part of my life now, thanks to my husband's English roots.
- Reading blogs.
- July vacation in Minneapolis.
- Learning more and more about typography.
- Spending time with Candace.
Monday, April 14, 2008
I made Ina's 40 Cloves of Garlic Chicken a while back for our friends and it was really awesome. We served it with couscous and mixed frozen veggies. I did learn some good lessons:
- Season the raw chicken well.
- Make sure to REALLY brown the chicken.
- If I make it again, I will only use split breasts (bone in and skin on) and skip the dark meat. No one really wanted it and it just crowded the pan.
- I don't think it needs the extra alcohol. Next time I make it, I'll try with just white wine.
- The gravy is...incredible. Don't skip it. I thought I'd have to take out whole garlic cloves, but they literally melted away into the sauce.
Thursday, April 10, 2008
The contestants sang "Shout to the Lord," by Darlene CHEEEZZZCK as the closer. Um...thoughts? I'm sure some people will be mad because they changed the word "Jesus" to "shepherd," and some will be mad that they even did it at all. I've been reading a lot about how people are angry that the song was done because it's glorifying the born-again Christians who are intolerant to gay people and people with AIDS. It makes me really sad, to be honest. I don't know. I just hate how people say Christians are intolerant, and then say things that are intolerant toward Christians. I also hate how all Christians are judged based on the actions of a dozen high-profile idiots.
I'm not a Darlene fan, and I don't like that song, so I don't even care. Besides, they already had my money after this geniousness happened:
Well played, Snoop. Well played.
Wednesday, April 9, 2008
Friday, April 4, 2008
Thursday, April 3, 2008
NKOTB is back! And can I just say that Jon is definitely looking the best out of all of them. What a cutie! :::sigh:::
I think I still have my NKOTB pillowcase. I'm gonna look.
I'm on the list. Pheww...
Thanks so much for signing up for official New Kids on the Block updates; your subscription was a success! Be sure to stay tuned and check back often!
If you have any questions about our emails or have any feedback of your own, please don't hesitate to reply to this email. We'd love to hear from you.
Also, we'll be including a removal link in every email we send you, so you can leave our list any time that suits you. More information on our privacy standards can be found here - http://www.gctrl.com/privacy
www.nkotb.com, the OFFICIAL online home of New Kids on the Block