Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Extreme Makeover Side Project

I've got a confession to make: I have written and typed the word "extreme" more times in the past week than in my whole life and probably your life combined. My fingers have developed muscle memory for typing the word.

When I found out about this potential partnership with the show, I was extremely happy. I fought back tears as Derek explained how our Church could possibly be involved.

The thing is, I actually love Erie. I know...but I do. Somewhere along the way, I got a heart for transforming this city. This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to jump start a volunteer initiative that could do just that. Erie is never going to live up to it's potential if we all just sit in our living rooms talking about how messed up it is. Until we take ownership for where we live and stop ignoring the people who need our help, we can forget about it. The local government can't change this place without us. This should be just the beginning.

I know for me, that when the cameras are gone, I'll still be here fighting for the city I love.

Get involved.

No comments: