Saturday, December 6, 2008

AdventBlog: Day 2

Dave and I finished up decorating our home today. Something happens to me when I'm done dressing up my living space for Christmas: I start anticipating the holiday. The decorations are a great kick-off for me. I love how the entire mood of the house changes. Suddenly, everything feels peaceful and cozy. Here are a few corners of our home (aaaand a christmas self portrait with my new haircut):



  • We decorate. Jesus had a manger and a cave.
  • We hustle. Heaven stood still.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks beautiful. And your hair does too! I haven't seen it shorter in so long.

We haven't really decorated for Christmas, since we're probably moving in the next couple weeks. I really miss the decorations. The only thing we're doing is the advent calendar, which Orison LOVES!!

Maybe once we get set up next door we'll put up our mini-tree. We'll see.

the Jennings secede from the South said...

I like your hair, very cute! Also, nice decorations. We played Elf in the background while we decorated.

Lora said...

Beautiful tree & mantle!

Barb said...

Your decorations are beautiful! You really have a flair for decorating.Love your hair! Would also love to own your camera!