Thursday, February 28, 2008

Change You Can DEFINITELY Believe In


I finally have something to look forward to in politics. I've been trying to keep my opinions to myself because I'm just not interested in fighting about it. My decision is my own, and I'm actually really excited about it.

It's so strange because the two parties seem more different than ever (read: more polarized). I'm very disappointed in the Republican choices...I have no idea where these people came from. Totally uninspiring. Maybe it's because all the inspiration is on the Democratic side. Between Obama and Hillary, there's enough hope for the entire world. It's coming out of their ears: "change you can believe in," "change you can trust," etc. Even though the decision hasn't been made yet, I think I know who I'm voting for, if given the chance.

Barack Obama.

I want to vote for him because I admire his ability to be 100% politician, but come off as a "change you can believe in." He is good...his people are good. His campaign even went as far as to design a different logotype for each people group he wanted to reach. That's a lot of thought right there. He speaks with such inspiring words...it really is incredible. I just can't figure out how he pulls it off. I'm in awe.

But there is a bigger reason I want to vote for Barack Obama. It's more than the Republican party being completely useless, and it's more than his self-promotion and marketing. I want to vote for him because of January 21, 2009. On that day, Barack Obama will begin to see all the things we normal people never see: the briefings, the warnings, the meetings, the REAL state of the Union. I want to be a fly on the wall that week. How will he distract people from the promises he made? What will his people come up with to remind the voters of how inspiring he was? What will happen when he won't be able to eloquently speak his way out of changing his mind?

Oh yes, there will be a change we can believe in. A big one. So I guess as far as that promise is concerned, he will be able to deliver.


(p.s. I'm not voting for Barack Obama.)

6 comments:

Obsessive Foodie or Food Addict....You Decide said...

I hope you aren't voting for Hillary!!!!

Unknown said...

I'm seriously confused by your post. You say you are, and then you say you aren't. I don't even know what that means.

Anonymous said...

LOL... this totally freaked me out until i detected your sarcasm in the last paragraph. not so much that i thought you might be actually voting for barak, but because of your bashing of the republican party.

Jason said...

In response to your 3-point comment left on my Obama post:

1. I don't agree that running as a Republican or Democrat automatically makes you a divisive figure. And I have no idea if it's a mask or not, but if it is, it's one I'd like to see everyone wear.

2. Both lacking, both equally ready, how it's presented is dependent on the spin you want to create. I haven't really seen why experience in office is necessary -- sometimes people talk as if Presidents make all of their decisions completely on their own.

3. The ability to motivate and inspire could be an enormous asset in getting general support for policies as well as the possibility of getting people to organize solutions for themselves and their communities.

I don't expect everyone to support him, but I admit I've been confused and surprised by the anger, sarcasm and extreme pessimism in many of the rejections I've read.

Anonymous said...

Rach, I would hardly call what Danielle said about the GOP "republican bashing".

Also, this whole Obama/Clinton thing...even though I would not ever nor could not ever support either one of them...is pretty exciting, especially now that PA has been thrusted as the "super bowl" of the primaries. It's going to be pretty fun. I'm sure they will both make their way through Erie several times before April 22...and I plan on seeing them. Especially Obama. His motiva...I mean campaign speeches will be really fun to watch. Inspiring if you will.

He is the hope that we have been looking for. We have been waiting for him. Blah blah blah. He's just another politician with a lot of hot air to expend. Worse, he is pretty much anti-everything I believe in.

Anonymous said...

blah, blah, blah.