Thursday, March 13, 2008

I Have a Lawyer


That is a really weird sentence to say (type). Today at 12:30, Dave and I are meeting with a lawyer to go over some temporary custody options for our niece. We haven't committed to anything, but I think we're close. We want to do a good job making this decision, because it seems so much bigger than us...probably because it IS.

We've received some really great advice from friends and family, which has been amazing. When it comes down to it, though, the decision needs to be ours, BOTH of ours. I can't tell you how many times I've heard, "I trust whatever you want to do." My parents keep telling me that, but...I can't even trust myself most times. I mean, if this happened, I would effectively be taking my niece away from my sister (even if only for a time). It feels so simple and so complicated at the same time. I hate it.

I guess that's why I have a lawyer.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally understand that feeling, "I don't even know if I trust myself...". God will show you what is right, somehow. I have no idea how. Lots of talking, lots of prayer, lots of just walking ahead in faith. I know he will provide for you.

Jodi Anderson said...

Wow. I missed that this was happening. Best of luck to you (and, oh!, what a cutie).

Obsessive Foodie or Food Addict....You Decide said...

Whatever is BEST FOR THE CHILD is what is best.....regardless of anyone else. Just remember that and the stars will align. Good luck!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, hope everything works out. Prayers.