Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Movie and Marketing Mayhem

That title is weak, I get it.

Within one week, Dave and I have seen two movies and are now going to see a third on Saturday. I assure you, this is not typical behavior. Here are the three:
  1. Dark Knight: I hated this movie. It was awful. Don't believe the hype. Um...yeah right. This movie rocked my face off.
  2. Mamma Mia!: Molly and I saw this show together in NYC a while back and I was really curious and excited to see how it was captured on film. They did a decent job. If you haven't seen the live show, you probably won't fully understand it, but it's worth a view. Cheap theater if you haven't seen the show (unless, of course, you love Abba...then spend the full amount, baby!).
  3. X-Files: This one might seem strange. The X-Files was the TV show that got me on my kick of watching series in an obsessive manner (Alias, 24, etc.). Every week, without fail, Mike would come over and watch it at our house. Some of my funniest memories of my family are from those times.
I have a lot going on for both church and r.s.v.p.designs in the way of marketing and identity. As far as church is concerned, here's what's in the works:
  • Logo: I am very excited to make some much needed tweaks to our logo. Elliot is about to get a wake up call.
  • Web: I'm in the process of cleaning up, re-designing, and re-writing a large amount of things on our site. I'm excited to simplify. It's like cleaning out a closet. I feel like I can breathe better.
  • Graphics Standards: Basically, this "manual" would outline how we use (and don't use) our identity items, along with some grammar and writing guidelines. I was supposed to do this about...five years ago. It makes sense to tackle it now that we're in the new building and I'm in the process of changing some things anyway.
  • Ministries: there are too many projects to list here, but it's a lot.
  • Team: My goal is to have a fully functioning Communications Team in the fall. Any of you Grace peeps want to join? It's a great volunteer opportunity, and I provide awesome snacks! (We need: web content editor, mailing/bulletin editor, graphic designers, marketing people, web designers and programmers, videographers, writers, and just plain old creative thinkers.) Seriously, let me know, because so far it's me, Rachel and Dave. We need help.

2 comments:

amy grace said...

hmmm...let me know if you want my help :)

Obsessive Foodie or Food Addict....You Decide said...

My son saw the "dark night" at the Imax and he said it was the best movie ever. He also said that about Futurama a month ago also...and the last Harry Potter movie......you see where I am going with this.