Saturday, March 7, 2009

30til30: Day 11

I have 30 days until I turn 30, so I thought I'd try to choose 30 moments that have helped shape who I am and want to be. Coming up with the list has been challenging...and enlightening. These are in no particular order.

11: Ministry and Friendship with Aaron Lundberg.

So, I am definitely one of the luckiest people in the world. Anyone who knows Aaron realizes what a privilege it is to know him, but to have him as one of my best friends is incredible. We've been through life together...and I mean THROUGH it. From youth ministry to now, there have been a lot of memories. I couldn't even begin to list them. Instead, here's what I love about Aaron:
  • His family and his part in it.
  • He has become the brother I've never had. It may seem cliche', but its very true.
  • As soon as his first son was born, he started referring to me as "Aunt Danielle."
  • He is hilarious.
  • He's rude, and he knows it.
  • Great cubicle mate.
  • I honestly believe he would do anything for me.
  • He makes me feel safe and secure in our friendship.
  • His level of professional excellence is insane.
  • He's definitely got my back.
  • I like how he thinks. There are some minds that you just click with, ya know?
  • He is brutally honest. Some of his comments have knocked me out of some pretty stupid things I was doing/thinking/feeling.
How our relationship has shaped me:
  • Most things I know about business, I know because of him.
  • I love being an Aunt to his boys and it's been incredible to watch them grow up. It takes a lot for a person to let you into their lives like that.
  • He makes me want to be more direct and honest with people. I'm slowly getting better.
  • Working with Aaron has been amazing. He makes me want to be a good employee.
  • Life is good when you have a friend like Aaron. Having him to lean on has made the difference time and time again.

1 comment:

aaron said...

I love it!! You said I am rude. (laflol) Thanks