Thursday, March 12, 2009

30til30: Day 16

I have 30 days until I turn 30, so I thought I'd try to choose 30 moments that have helped shape who I am and want to be. Coming up with the list has been challenging...and enlightening. These are in no particular order.

16: The death of my Aunt Carol.
My Aunt (Mom's sister) died recently and it was very difficult. In fact, it's probably too fresh to write about in detail, but here are some memories:
  • Dave and I taking her to lunch with my mom. She thought all of the food was so good because her taste was coming back from chemo.
  • Seeing her for the last time at my cousin's house...and realizing it would be the last time. 
  • Driving to and from the service with Amanda and Emma. We tried very hard to explain to Emma what was happening.
  • The church that held the memorial service had her name spelled wrong on the PowerPoint.
  • Sitting with my cousin and hugging him throughout the service. It seemed like I was the only one he could come to. 
How it shaped me:
  • To be honest, I'm not sure yet.

No comments: